North Quincy High School & Quincy High School Graduation Ceremony
Veteran's Memorial Stadium ~ Hancock Street, Quincy, Massachusetts
Quincy Public Schools
Jimmy Hui, President/Chief Executive Officer at The Jimmy Hui Foundation office is very pleased to announce that Superintendent Dr. Richard DeCristofaro and the Quincy Public Schools will be hosting for the North Quincy High School and Quincy High School Class of 2017 graduation ceremony begins on Monday, June 12, 2017 and Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6:00 -- 8:00 p.m. at Veteran's Memorial Stadium to opens for the residents, persons with disabilities, citizens and the public are welcome to come and attend the commencement ceremony throughout the evening to honor of the Class of 2017 graduates here in the City of Quincy.
Mayor Thomas P. Koch, City Councilor President Kirsten L. Hughes, Vice Chairman of School Committee Paul L. Bregoli, Members of the City Councilor, Members of the School Committee and the Members of the State Delegations will be attending the graduation ceremony to honor of the Class of 2017 graduates at Veteran's Memorial Stadium throughout the evening here in the City of Quincy.
The Quincy Public Schools Security Department will have a security checkpoint at Veteran's Memorial Stadium Gate C before to entering in the stadium throughout the graduation ceremony in the order for the public safety and security reasons to protect every students, families, elected officials, school administrators, teachers, faculty, staff, police officers and security officers in the harm's way.
Here's the security policy from the Quincy Public Schools Security Department:
* Veteran's Memorial Stadium entry will be limited to Gate C located directly across from Mitchell/McCoy Field.
* Bags and backpacks will be subject to search by the Members of the security staff from the Quincy Public Schools Security Department in the order to expedite entrance into the stadium by the graduate's friends and families, please limit the items you carry into graduation.
* Noisemakers will be not permitted at the Veteran's Memorial Stadium throughout the graduation ceremony.
* During the graduation ceremony, please remain your seats so that as to not block others. There will be ample time at the conclusion of ceremony for photos on the field.
* Student parking will be available at Pageant Field for all graduates are expected to be at Veteran's Memorial Stadium by 5:00 p.m.
* Student's families and friends and elected officials parking will be available at Mitchell/McCoy Field, Merrymount Park and Central Middle School.
Public Transportation on MBTA Bus Route #210 and #212:
* Please allow for 10-15 minutes expect delays due to the graduation ceremony at Veteran's Memorial Stadium.
* Please check T-Alerts on your mobile device for the latest update of the MBTA Bus Route #210 or #212.
* Please call MBTA at (617) 222-3200 or tweet @MBTA for an immediate assistance on the bus route issues.
Traffic Advisory for the Graduation Ceremony:
There will be traffic advisory for the North Quincy High School and Quincy High School Class of 2017 graduation ceremony begins on Monday, June 12, 2017 and Tuesday, June 13, 2017 starts from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Veteran's Memorial Stadium which there will be police officers from Quincy Police Department are presence to do the direct traffic and crosswalks throughout the evening here in the City of Quincy.
Please allow an extra time for at least 10-15 minutes delays due to the the graduation ceremony at Veteran's Memorial Stadium while the officers are doing their jobs as fast as possible for the public safety reasons to deal with the crosswalks and traffic impacts surrounding areas on Hancock Street, Merrymount Parkway and Furnace Brook Parkway here in the City of Quincy.
If you have a GPS navigation system app called: "Waze" on your mobile device such as: Android or IPhone to keep you informed up to date for any traffic advisory issue before, during and after the graduation ceremony at Veteran's Memorial Stadium here in the City of Quincy.
Please follow Jimmy Hui, Public Safety Officer on the Twitter: @jimmyhuiquincy or Waze of Massachusetts on the Twitter: @WazeTrafficBos and using hashtag: #NQHSGraduation, #QHSGraduation, #QuincyMA or #Classof2017 for an update on the traffic advisory begins in the effective from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. throughout the evening here in the City of Quincy.
Please use drop off area for the student's friends and families at Adams Field: 1 Merrymount Parkway to avoid with any congestion on the traffic impacts at Mitchell/McCoy Field and Veteran's Memorial Stadium.
* Elected Officials: Mitchell/McCoy Field
* Class of 2017 Graduates: Pageant Field & Adams Field
* Students and Families: Coletta Field & Mitchell/McCoy Field
* Faculty, Staff and School Administrators: Central Middle School
Quincy Access Television:
The Quincy Access Television (QATV) will broadcast for the North Quincy High School and Quincy High School graduation ceremony coverage at Veteran's Memorial Stadium on QATV Channel 8 and QEAC Channel 22 to opens for the residents, persons with disabilities and the citizens of Quincy are welcome to watch on the television from home throughout the evening.
The North Quincy High School and Quincy High School graduation ceremony will replay on the program schedule to broadcast on QATV Channel 8 and QATV Channel 11.
At the end of the graduation ceremony for the North Quincy High School and Quincy High School, please leave the stadium in the orderly fashion for the safety reason so that Quincy Park Department and Quincy Public Schools staff will do their clean up efforts throughout the evening at Veteran's Memorial Stadium here in the City of Quincy.
Weather Permitting (Rain):
* QHS Class of 2017 Graduation Ceremony will be held at Quincy High School Gymnasium
* NQHS Class of 2017 Graduation Ceremony will be held at North Quincy High School Gymnasium
Parking Available for the Graduation Ceremony:
* Quincy High School
* Coddington School Building
* North Quincy High School
Public Transportation on MBTA:
* Red Line and Bus Connections stops at North Quincy Station
* Red Line and Bus Connections stops at Quincy Center Station
For any questions or concerns about the security procedures and other issues, please contact Michael Draicchio, Director of Safety, Security and Transportation at Quincy Public Schools can be reached at: (617) 984-8897 or (617) 504-5826 or e-mail: email@example.com.
For any questions or concerns about the graduation ceremony, please contact your student's high school:
NQHS Principal Robert Shaw at (617) 984-8744 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NQHS Assistant Principal Michael Connor at (617) 984-8974 or e-mail: email@example.com
QHS Principal Lawrence Taglieri at (617) 376-3352 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
QHS Assistant Principal Ellen Murray at (617) 376-3364 or e-mail: email@example.com