Quincy Recreation Department: Tennis Championships:
Thomas P. Koch
Mayor of the City of Quincy
Kirsten L. Hughes
City Councilor President/Ward 5 City Councilor
Paul L. Bregoli
Vice Chairman of School Committee
Barry J. Welch
Director of Recreation, Quincy Recreation Department
Jimmy Hui, President/Chief Executive Officer at The Jimmy Hui Foundation office is very pleased to announce that Barry J. Welch, Director of Recreation and the staff at Quincy Recreation Department are hosting their 47th Annual Quincy Tennis Tournament with a full sponsored by Mayor Thomas P. Koch and the City of Quincy and Quincy Credit Union begins on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 through Sunday, September 24, 2017 at Quincy High School Tennis Court: Edgefield Road, Quincy, MA.
2017 Tennis Tournament Rules and Information:
* All players must be Quincy residents. Players must show their driver's license or other proof of Quincy residency before their first match.
* Weather permitting, matches will be conducted in all events weekdays from 6:00 -- 9:00 p.m. and weekends from 8:00 a.m. -- 9:00 p.m. Players should be prepared to play nights and weekends. 1st and 2nd round matches must be played within 24 hours of the posted time upon approval of the tournament director. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Matches are played at the tennis courts behind Quincy High School.
* Registration Fee: $20.00 which includes all events plus a commemorative t-shirt. Children who are entering the Boys and Girls 16 & Under event ONLY have an entry fee of $10.00. No application form will be accepted unless accompanied by fee. Checks to be made out to: Quincy Recreation Department.
* All players must furnish a can of U.S.T.A. approved tennis balls. (White or Optic Yellow ONLY).
* The Draw will be posted at the tennis courts behind Quincy High School on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 and Thursday, September 14, 2017 at between the hours of 6:30 -- 8:00 p.m..
* The draw boards are the only notification of match times. Participants WILL NOT be notified by phone. Check the draw boards regularly!
* Events will begin on Friday, September 15, 2017 and it is the participant's responsibility to know the match days and times.
* 2017 Quincy Tennis Tournament Registration & Brochure Information: Click Here.
* Online Registration is now available at: QuincyRec.com with the details to sign up & register for 2017 Tennis Tournament.
* Men's Singles
* Men's 35 and Over Singles
* Men's 50 and Over Singles
* Men's 60 and Over Singles
* Men's Doubles
* Mixed Doubles
* Women's Singles
* Women's 35 and Over Singles
* Women's Doubles
* Boys 16 and Under Singles
* Girls 16 and Under Singles
* City of Quincy Employees
For more information about the 2017 Quincy Tennis Tournament, please contact Quincy Recreation Department at (617) 376-1394 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.