Quincy Recreation Department: Saturday Morning Gym Program:
Thomas P. Koch
Mayor of the City of Quincy
Kirsten L. Hughes
City Councilor President/Ward 5 City Councilor
Paul L. Bregoli
Vice Chairman of School Committee
Barry J. Welch
Director of Recreation, Quincy Recreation Department
Jimmy Hui, President/Chief Executive Officer at The Jimmy Hui Foundation office is very pleased to announce that Barry J. Welch, Director of Recreation and the staff at Quincy Recreation Department will be participating for the Saturday Morning Gym program begins on Saturday, December 3, 2016 through Saturday, March 25, 2017 to opens for the Quincy residents throughout the 2016-2017 school year here in the City of Quincy.
The Saturday Morning Gym program will run from Saturday, December 3, 2016 through Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. -- 12:00 p.m. in all across the citywide here in the City of Quincy.
Quincy Recreation Department General Information:
* The Saturday morning gym programs are free and are open to boys and girls age 8 through high school.
* Sneakers must be worn at all gym locations.
* The core schedule is from 9:00 -- 10:30 a.m. for elementary age 8 through grade 5; 10:30 a.m. -- 12:00 p.m. for middle school and high school age youth.
* Some adjustments in this time schedule may be made at different locations to accommodate differences in attendance by age group.
* All programs have to walk in registration and are open only to Quincy residents.
* Participants may attend the location of their choice, not just their neighborhood gymnasium.
* Assorted gym activities such as floor hockey, tag football, dodge ball, basketball and relay races will be conducted under the supervision of the Quincy Recreation Staff.
Quincy Recreation Department: Saturday Morning Gym Location:
Saturday, December 3, 2016 through Saturday, March 25, 2016:
Ward 1 Neighborhood: Atherton Hough Elementary School: 1084 Sea Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 1 Neighborhood: Merrymount Elementary School: 4 Agawam Road, Quincy, MA
Ward 1 Neighborhood: Snug Harbor Elementary School: 333 Palmer Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 2 Neighborhood: Point Webster Elementary School: 60 Lancaster Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 3 Neighborhood: Montclair Elementary School: 8 Belmont Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 5 Neighborhood: Beechwood Knoll Elementary School: 225 Fenno Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 5 Neighborhood: Central Middle School: 875 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 6 Neighborhood: Atlantic Middle School: 86 Hollis Avenue, Quincy, MA
Ward 6 Neighborhood: Squantum Elementary School: 50 Huckins Avenue, Quincy, MA
For more information about the Saturday Morning Gym program, please contact Quincy Recreation Department at (617) 376-1394 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.