Quincy Recreation Department: Winter Vacation Gym Program:
Thomas P. Koch
Mayor of the City of Quincy
Kirsten L. Hughes
City Councilor President/Ward 5 City Councilor
Paul L. Bregoli
Vice Chairman of School Committee
Barry J. Welch
Director of Recreation, Quincy Recreation Department
Jimmy Hui, President/Chief Executive Officer at The Jimmy Hui Foundation office is very pleased to announce that Barry J. Welch, Director of Recreation and the staff at Quincy Recreation Department will be participating for the Winter Vacation Gym program begins on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 through Friday, Friday, February 24, 2017 to opens for the Quincy residents throughout this winter season here in the City of Quincy.
The Winter Vacation Gym Program will run from Tuesday, February 21, 2017 through Friday, February 24, 2017 begins at 9:00 a.m. -- 1:00 p.m. in all across the citywide here in the City of Quincy.
Quincy Recreation Department General Information:
* Gyms will be supervised from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for free activities for boys and girls from age 8 through high school.
* School gyms will be open in all neighborhoods of the city and will feature activities such as basketball, floor hockey, gym games and dodge ball.
* Registration is done at each location and those age 8 through grade 5 will attend from 9:00 -- 11:30 a.m.
* Those in grade 6 through 12 will attend from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
* Participants may attend the program of their choice.
* Some minor changes in times may occur in some locations to accommodate differences in enrollment.
* Participants are requested to wear sneakers at all locations.
* All Regular Saturday Morning Gym programs will be conducted on Saturday, February 18, 2017 and Saturday, February 25, 2017.
* These activities are part of "Quincy On the Go!" programs that are designed to promote beneficial active lifestyle among Quincy youth.
Quincy Recreation Department: Winter Vacation Gym Location:
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 through Friday, February 24, 2017:
Ward 2 Neighborhood: Point Webster Elementary School: 60 Lancaster Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 6 Neighborhood: Atlantic Middle School: 86 Hollis Avenue, Quincy, MA
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 and Thursday, February 23, 2017:
Ward 1 Neighborhood: Merrymount Elementary School: 4 Agawam Road, Quincy, MA
Ward 5 Neighborhood: Central Middle School: 875 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 6 Neighborhood: Montclair Elementary School: 8 Belmont Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 6 Neighborhood: Squantum Elementary School: 50 Huckins Avenue, Quincy, MA
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 and Friday, February 24, 2017:
Ward 1 Neighborhood: Atherton Hough Elementary School: 1084 Sea Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 1 Neighborhood: Snug Harbor Elementary School: 333 Palmer Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 3 Neighborhood: Wollaston Elementary School: 205 Beale Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 4 Neighborhood: Sterling Middle School: 444 Granite Street, Quincy, MA
Ward 5 Neighborhood: Beechwood Knoll Elementary School: 225 Fenno Street, Quincy, MA
For more information about the Winter Vacation Gym program, please contact Quincy Recreation Department at (617) 376-1394 or e-mail: email@example.com with any questions or concerns.